VAT Registration is the process of enrolling your business for VAT on either a voluntary (if you don't reach the threshold) or a compulsory basis (where you exceed or are expected to exceed the VAT threshold). Typically the process for VAT registration will take around 1 week and is a service offered by our company (find out more here).
As part of the VAT Registration process you will usually be asked to provide the following information.
- The name of the business entity you wish to register for VAT. This can be a sole trader, trust, partnership or incorporated company.
- The name and address of a company director or proprietor
- The name and address of the business entity you are registering for VAT
- When you started trading
- A description of the business activities you are engaged in
- Your estimated taxable turnover in the next 12 months
- Whether you are currently making taxable supplies or an expected date
- The VAT scheme you wish to enroll on (e.g. Flat Rate VAT, Annual Accounting etc)
Once your business has been registered for VAT it will be issued with a VAT Certificate displaying your VAT number. The VAT Certificate will display an "Effective Date" from which all supplies must be accounted for in terms of VAT> --Latest--